We’ve had the following message today, and as the start date is only a week away, we’re posting it straight away.
If you know of anyone who might benefit, please pass the details on – thank you!
We are currently recruiting for our Wrexham WeDiscover programme for young people aged 16-25.
The programme starts with two taster weeks from 25th September, we’re accepting referrals now so we can introduce young people to a mentor as soon as they are referred in.
Please read below for further information and don’t hesitate to circulate with your colleagues. We’re happy to attend events, team meetings, and send out physical leaflets.
Who can take part? Any young person aged 16 – 25 in Wrexham that would benefit from interactive group sessions as well as 1-2-1 mentoring support. Our leaflet and referral form are attached.
Programme format – This programme is delivered over Microsoft Teams, with opportunities for in-person days in the final weeks.
This is a roll-on-roll-off programme, and we’ll continue to accept referrals throughout the programme.
- Interactive group sessions – Covering relevant themes of employability skills, personal growth, creativity, global culture, and plenty of fun
- Discovery boxes – Each young person joining the programme will receive a Discovery Box, this is filled with exciting resources to use throughout the programme, including mystery envelopes to open in surprise sessions
- Guest speakers – We’ll be joined by incredible guest speakers, teaching us new skills and sharing their stories.
- Discovery Village – All young people will receive access to Discovery Village, our online community with the opportunity to discover each zone and keep an eye out for a few hidden gems.
- Rewards! – Every young person can access rewards by attending 8 sessions in one week.
Winners of a High Sheriff Award for ‘Outstanding Community Engagement’ in Cheshire in 2022 , WeDiscover is a virtual programme that is supporting young people across North Wales to discover more about themselves and the world beyond their front door. ‘If I had to describe WeDiscover, it would be ‘helpful’, ‘inspirational’, and a ‘good laugh’. I’ve found the opportunity to get into a routine, and meeting with my mentor has really helped my anxiety.’ Tom.
Watch our WeDiscover video to hear what young people say about the programme.
If you have any further questions, please register your interest with Rebecca on email@example.com